Change the labels of the Y Axis in Charts (Solution)

Pretty sure most of you guys was confused once in your Caspio lifetime on how you can set your Y Axis to any non-numeric values. I am not sure if we had the same adventures exploring charts but I only saw that it is doable only on Bar charts.

So, since I need this on my line chart to show the feedback on a school menu and I can't just simply show 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 in Y axis, I dug a little deeper in highcharts documentation. Here is what I did to change the Y-axis' values.

I made a table relationship with my table to a lookup table to show the text equivalent of the feedback in tables(display value). NOTE: you need the values in your main table as integer or number to put it in Y axis.

Then in the chart, set the y axis as the feedback field and set the aggregation to None,

Next paste this script in your footer block:

<script type = "text/javascript" >
    var timer = setInterval(function() {

if (document.getElementsByTagName('rect') != null) {

UpdateChart();
        }
    }, 500);
function UpdateChart() {
    try {
        Highcharts.charts[0].update({
yAxis: {
categories: [' ', 'Bad', 'Slightly Bad', 'Mediocre', 'Interesting', 'Outstanding']
}
});

clearInterval(timer);
    } catch (err) {

}
}; </script>

Simply change the categories to your proper labels but do not forget the blank category at the beginning as it will mess up your chart if you forget that.

Preview:
image.thumb.png.621d7922bb5330e74053c4d810c80a29.png