login and log out times

wolverine882

Question

I have to create a way to track users coming to my center. I need to be able to track date and time they sign into the center and I need to be able to track date and time they sign out of the center each day. At the end of week need to sum all days present for each user.

I created a sign in form, but having issues resolving how to allow same user to log back into app and enter both sign and sign out times with getting a duplicate user error. Should I have a separate table for each, or is there something I am missing here?

2 answers to this question

On 4/21/2023 at 12:47 PM, wolverine882 said:

I have to create a way to track users coming to my center. I need to be able to track date and time they sign into the center and I need to be able to track date and time they sign out of the center each day. At the end of week need to sum all days present for each user.

I created a sign in form, but having issues resolving how to allow same user to log back into app and enter both sign and sign out times with getting a duplicate user error. Should I have a separate table for each, or is there something I am missing here?

Hi @wolverine882,

I assume that your Employee or User field is unique which is why you are getting a duplicate user error. Is that correct? You should have a separate Table for the users only, and a separate Table for their time records (This table should be the source of your sign-in form). The relationship between the two tables is one-to-many. Meaning, one employee can have multiple time records. 

Kindly refer to these links:

https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/relationships/database-relationships/

Hope this helps :) 

Hello @wolverine882,

It seems better to create a separate table for those users' time records because every user has multiple time records every week. You may do the sum of present through the DataPage level depending on what way you would like to display the value. Then to make sure that the separate table will only store time records within the week and the table deletes the previous week's time records, you may use an Application Task setup.