Results open up in new webpage

iammax

Question

Sorry for asking as I feel I should be able to figure this out by the many bits and pieces of information in the forum, but I do not find where under styles (enabling css editing) I should change to get the results open up in a new webpage. Now it is opening up within the same page as the search text.

Would also know more about how the results can be modified to become more print friendly but I guess that also has to do with the css style.

/Max

8 answers to this question

Thanks for the link. I will try this. I just wonder if there is no simpler solution. To me, a non html wizard, information about how the results are to be presented (i.e. in a new webpage, in the same, etc) must be given somewhere in the CSS style sheet and therefore it should be a simple thing to change there. But maybe I am wrong and the only alternative is to follow the instruction given in the provided link.

Again - thanks!

/Max

I'm not sure what details to give that the article doesn't already, but here's my take on it:

The first form is a submit form masquerading as a search form, so it may submit parameter values. BUT, you don't want to submit data to a table, so instead of real fields, the form uses VIRTUAL fields.

To add virtual fields to the form, put in at least one real field for the moment, so you may click Next to the Configure Fields screen. Then use the little insert button at bottom left to insert as many virtual fields you need (according to the number of search fields you want). Now you can delete the one real field.

Set up those virtual fields to pass out parameter values on exit (submit):

Check enable Advanced Options and Parameters

On the Advanced tab for each virtual field, check "On exit - Pass field to next page"

Give the parameter a unique name

On the last edit screen, Destination and Triggers, put in the URL of the second form, the report. (You will need to DEPLOY that report page to an HTML web page first.)

Now for the second page, the report/results. The key thing there is to make the search type "Filter data based on pre-defined criteria", and "Allow parameters in search criteria". Then in Select Filtering Fields, select all the fields corresponding to what you wanted to seach on (and for which you created virtual fields in the search/submit form).

Now configure these fields to receive the parameters you passed from the virtuals. For each field, go to the Advanced tab, check "Receive parameter", and put in the name you gave the corresponding virtual search field, such as: [@Client].

Tim

Thanks for that extensive answer Tim. My account was just transformed into free after the trial period and I then seem to have lost the advanced options. So I have to stick with whats given and move the search function to a blank page instead. Then the results will appear on that new page as well and the problems I had before with result text extending into (not keeping within pre-defined columns) the text on our company web page will be solved. Not the way I wanted but ok.