Making one of two fields required

IntegraLLC

Question

Hi there!

I've created a web form for people to add documents to a document library. The user has the option of adding the document by either uploading a file, or inputting a link. I'm looking for a way to make it so that doing one of those things is required. If they don't have a link, they have to upload a file, and vice versa.

I don't want them to be able to click submit until one of those fields is completed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Laurie

2 answers to this question

Hello, Laurie.

Because of the browser's security reasons, the content of FILE-field cannot be 'red' in browser.

This is the reason, for example, why the file fields are not filled every time you submit the DataPage.

Imagine the situation: you’ve uploaded a file, clicked to submit, but it was unsuccessful (date field incorrect, CAPTCHA not correct or so on). Usually you see the red label saying: “You did not enter valid information in one or more of the fields.â€.

FILE is lost, because it cannot be stored in browser. And when you then submit the DataPage again (corrected the error, of course), the FILE field will be empty. You need click the “Browse†button again and select the FILE in order to have it setup.

So, the only way to prevent user submitting without file is to set "required" option for it.

May be, the Caspio can provide a custom solution for you. Contact their support.