How allow users registration using Direcories.

vidierre

Question

I want use a directory and allow users to autoregister themself. I built a submission form for the table usedby the directory and all works fine, but new users are inserted with their statu set to Inactive.

But I do not understand how I  can allow users to activate themself. They can be activate only manually form the Directory?

2 answers to this question

Hello @vidierre,

I am afraid this is the way the Directories work now. This is a good option when you would like to validate the signed-in users and activate them manually.

It is expected that Admim who has access to the Caspio account activate users.

To make the process more convenient you can create a Trigger on Insert on the Directory table to send emails once the new user submitted the registration form.

Adding a user directly in the Directory will trigger sending an email too.
L53Tx0u.png

A possible workaround is to use the Yes/No field. In my example, it is named 'submission_form'.

On the Registration form, it is hidden and receives a 'Yes' value on load:

sv11khE.png

Then the Trigger sends emails only when the form is submitted and not when the user is added through the Directory
zTEe7zs.png

Hope this helps!

@CoopperBackpack I understand, you are right. You suggestion allow to send an email and is fine to notify the user. But I would like to have user inactive until he confirms, this to avoid bot registrations.

I understand that up to now it isn't possible. seeing how CASPIO quickly releases new features every year, I wait patiently....