Filters to select results from a calculated field

JPG2022

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello @JPG2022,

Since calculations are not available on the built-in Search page of the Reports, the basic approach is to use separate Search and Report.

You may check this article https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/how-to-separate-search-page-and-results-page-into-two-different-webpages/

The idea is to use a Submission form with Virtual fields as a Search form to pass the selected values as parameters to the Report.

And it depends on the formula in the calculated field.

1) Perhaps, it can be calculated by JavaScript (for example, to populate the field with the first date of the current month).

2) Or, if the calculation is based on the data stored in your tables, it is possible to populate a lookup table by a Trigger or Task.

Could you share more details about the value that should be calculated?

Thanks,

The calculation comes from fields in different tables; the source is not a table but a view form that merges two tables, and the values from those fields are calculated. The idea is to allow the user to filter the results.  In the screenshot below, the label under "Position in Range" is based on the calculation.  I want the user to be able to filter records by selecting the available labels. I think your suggestion to use two different forms may work.  I don't have much experience with the technique, but I'll try it.  Thank you!

Capture.JPG

Hello @JPG2022,

Sorry, I misunderstood your request :(  I thought you needed calculations on Search, but it turned out that calculations are on the Result page.

In this case, I am afraid the solution with parameters doesn't work.

It is possible to filter the records based on the values stored in the Table/View. However, the "Position in Range" is not stored there.

The "Range" comparison type can be helpful if the "Position" value depends on one field (for example, depends on the "Comparison" field)

The  "Range" comparison type is available for the Integer, Number, Date/Time fields when the field is set as Listbox, Dropdown, or Radio Buttons.

J60e0Iz.png

If this is not the case, could you share a formula used in the Calculated field and provide details about the fields used in it? It is helpful to understand whether the fields used in the formula are from the different tables.