Authentication Page for signin and registration.

sjminnis

Question

Scenario:

User visits site. First page they see is a welcome page with two options - [1] Sign In and [2] Register.

If user selects [2] Register, then get a datapage [register] that accesses the table [registered users]

included are first name, last name, email, password, telephone, etc. User enters information.

If the user selects [1] Signin, they get a datapage [signin] that accesses the table [registered users]

The goal of this page [1] Signin is to authenticate users against the registered users table and then direct them to a main page [homepage]. [users have access and are permitted to view additional content].

Once they are authenticated then they should be able to view all the content and indeed content can be made specific to them [they can access, edit any information they provided prior]

I've followed the documentation for web user authentication with the net result that after applying authentication and defining the username and password fields, I continue to get 'unable to authenticate' errors.

I've double checked the settings and deploy code, etc, etc. but I'm wondering if the method of enabling a user to access content needs to be changed to align with how the bridge works with authentication.

Has anyone been able to [1] implement such a scenario or [2] make any recommendations on how to setup the pages to replicate this type of scenario?

1 answer to this question

Hi sjminnis, Your goal can be achieved by protected DataPages. Please follow the steps mentioned in this link: http://wp.me/P10x67-28 as well the series of videos here: http://wp.me/P10x67-fs .

You should have these two fields on your table first, username as a unique filed and second,password with "password" datatype.

Also make sure the registration form works properly so the username/password inserted correctly into the table. If you still unable to login please post the URL here to see if we can replicate the issue as well.