Enforcing Options From Autocomplete Fields

BenjaminS

Question

I want to achieve exactly what the Caspio’s How To (https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/enforcing-options-from-autocomplete-fields/) is trying to resolve:  ensure that users enter only specific values in an autocomplete field by using a predefined table with a list of available options. Unfortunately, the provided solution does not work for me (after the implementation, nothing happens).

I would appreciate any solution or even suggestion.

Best Regards

Benjamin

P.S. This seems like one of the things that should be implemented as a simple tick-box-option-solution by Caspio.

3 answers to this question

8 hours ago, BenjaminS said:

I want to achieve exactly what the Caspio’s How To (https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/enforcing-options-from-autocomplete-fields/) is trying to resolve:  ensure that users enter only specific values in an autocomplete field by using a predefined table with a list of available options. Unfortunately, the provided solution does not work for me (after the implementation, nothing happens).

I would appreciate any solution or even suggestion.

Best Regards

Benjamin

P.S. This seems like one of the things that should be implemented as a simple tick-box-option-solution by Caspio.

Hello @BenjaminS,

I got curious about your question so I tried it on my end as well. However, it is working fine for me.

Were you able to change the value of const autoComplete in:

const autoComplete = 'Text_input'

Kindly change the Text_input to the corresponding field name of your autocomplete field.

Then, if you are also using Virtual 1, no changes are required in:

const virtualField = 'Virtual1' 

Hope this helps!

Dear cheonsa,

thank you for the effort. I have tested the solution on a dummy Table/DataPage and it works there. When I try it on the actual DataPage, it does not work. My DataPage in question already has some code in header and I have had similar issues with it before. I could only make it work by rebuilding its carbon copy from scratch (see here: https://forums.caspio.com/topic/19960-separate-input-fields-for-time-parts-mobile-view/).

For now I am giving up, if I will REALLY need this solution in this particular DataPage I will try rebuilding it. Will report back.

Best

Benjamin