Prevent Home Users Saving Passwords in Browser

As we roll out our database to more users (most work from home), I am looking for a way to stop users saving their passwords on their PCs etc to prevent their kids or worse accessing our data. I know you can change the options for your own PC in your browser settings but instructing for every user is not feasible and cannot be forced at our end. Whether this could be done with enhancement to the password field in the future? I am not html/java savvy so any suggestions welcome but as working in the cloud becomes more and more popular, I would have expected a solution out there by now but internet research has come up blank so far.

Hi - thanks for this. No joy I am afraid. IE still asks if want to save password and then allows it. I have put in as an enhancement request too as I can't believe there aren't other admins out there who are not code savvy and want to stop this. A tick on the Password field options to opt into prevention of autocomplete on the authentication page would be great. Thanks again.

I have searched online for "turn off password saving using javascript" and I find a lot of discussion on this subject. The most common method using java script is as suggested by ShWolf however the drawback is that this doesn't work on all browsers, and that it doesn't prevent using already saved passwords. I could not find any solid solution to this.

Cheers,

Barbara

Thanks Barbara - I know what you mean - I have spent hours testing various script recommendations. Firefox apparently sometimes will interpret the same as IE, sometimes not. I have put in a request if it can be put it in as an option on the password field of authentication as a 'catch all' as I feel the current ability for users to save it on their desktop (or worse on a third party's computer somewhere) is worrying. Regards Adele

• 1 year later...

I have searched online for "turn off password saving using javascript" and I find a lot of discussion on this subject. The most common method using java script is as suggested by ShWolf however the drawback is that this doesn't work on all browsers, and that it doesn't prevent using already saved passwords. I could not find any solid solution to this.

nhẫn cưới

nhan cuoi

I think I have finally cracked this. I have put the following code (as is) in the header of the folders' authentication fields. Seems to work so far even if a user has previously saved their password details for the form, it loads blank.

I do have same problem and it annoyed me. Would that also applicable in Firefox?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep - my solution was in Chrome but the script I mention above, when tested further, did not work for some of our embedded Datapages so back to the drawing board. I mentioned the lack of security in a separate discussion with one of the Caspio developers recently. I hope this is sorted in an update very soon. I note Caspio don't allow saving when you login as the administrator to change datapages etc.