Authentication just for Details page?

AlanMac

Question

So I have a Tabular Report format Search & Results page consisting of a list of items for swap/sale. The tabular report has most of the details - item description, quantity, location, etc. There is no authentication on this DataPage as I'd like to leave it free for all to browse. However, if someone wants to View Details for any item (which has sensitive information - price, email/phone no of seller) I'd like to enforce authentication at this level - i.e. force the user to login. I don't see any easy way to do this? I can set the authentication at the level of the Search & Results page but that will force all users, even those that just want to browse to log in - which is not my intention. Is there any way to achieve this? Apologies if I'm missing something basic... it's my first Caspio project!

3 answers to this question

Hello @AlanMac

It looks like the only way to achieve this is to create 2 DataPages: Report DataPage without Details page (non-authenticated) and a separate Details DataPage that is authenticated.

This article explains how to create separate Report and Details:

https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/results-and-details-on-two-separate-web-pages/

The idea is to add a link to open a Details DataPage in the HTML block of the Report and pass parameters (usually a unique value) to open a corresponding record in the Details DataPage.

If you encounter any issues implementing the steps from the article, feel free to update this thread.