HTTP Post / Soap

pureplacements

Question

Hello,

I am wanting to use an online tool which parses resume data into my database.

It has option of exporting XML data to a URL of my choosing via Soap or HTTP Post.

How do I get Caspio to receive the XML automatically if I get the parsing tool to send it to a URL via HTTP Post or Soap?

The tool gives sample XML:

---

---

CandidateFirstName

Candidate Middle Name

Candidate Last Name

Candidate132@yahoo.com

Candidate Address

Candidate City

Candidate State

Candidate Category

26-07-1983

Candidate Current Employement

Candidate Job Profile

Male/Female

Candidate Fathers Name

SINGLE

Candidate Passport No.

Nationality(For Ex:Indian/Australian/Japanese)

Candidate Current Salary

Candidate Expected Salary

QUALIFICATION TECHNICAL B.E in Electronics and Comm. with 68.52% from Alwar (Rajasthan) under University Of Rajasthan, Jaipur in 2006.Diploma in Electronics and Comm. With 64.37% from Alwar (Raj.) under Board of Technical Education , Jodhapur(Rajasthan) in 2003. ACADAMIC 12TH (Science and Math) from Board of Secondary Education, Ajmer(Rajasthan) with 63.24% mark 10th from Board of Secondary Education, Ajmer (Rajasthan) with 77.09%marks.

TECHNICAL SKILLS:- Operating System:- Windows XP ,M S office.Language:- C, C++ , Java , Microprocessor SUMMER TRAINING:- 45 days summer training in B.S.N.L. Alwar(Rajasthan)28 days summer training in DOORDARSHAN RELAY CENTER. From Bharatpur(Rajasthan)

Candidate Experience

C,C++ ,Windows XP ,Java

Candidate Segrigated Qualification

Candidate Work Period (for Example :-4 years 3 month )

candidate Gap Period (for example:-3 Months)

Candidate Fax No (for Example:-0011223344)

Candidate License No

ENGLISH and HINDI

Candidate HOBBIES For Example(Making friendship ,singing and listening ,watching and playing cricket)

Candidate References

OBJECTIVE (For Example:-OBJECTIVE:- With enthusiasm utilizing my knowledge, ideas and experience to produce results in Order to achieve the prime goals of the organization.

BHAGWATI DEVI)

Candidate Achievements Detail

Detail of Resume (for Example :Anil Kumar Sharma Email Id :-anil_sharma132@yahoo.com Contact no.09911709731 Resident No.05640-221062 OBJECTIVE OBJECTIVE:- With enthusiasm utilizing my knowledge, ideas and experience to produce results in Order to achieve the prime goals of the organization. QUALIFICATION TECHNICAL B.E in Electronics and Comm. with 68.52% from Alwar (Rajasthan) under University Of Rajasthan, Jaipur in 2006. Diploma in Electronics and Comm. With 64.37% from Alwar (Raj.) under Board of Technical Education , Jodhapur(Rajasthan) in 2003. ACADAMIC 12TH (Science and Math) from Board of Secondary Education, Ajmer ( Rajasthan) with 63.24% mark 10th from Board of Secondary Education, Ajmer (Rajasthan) with 77.09% marks. PROJECT:- Major Project:- LASER COMMUNICATION OF VOICE AUTOMATIC SPEED CONTROLLER in Diploma Minor Project:- SMART MOBILE HOLDER TECHNICAL SKILLS:- Operating System:- Windows XP ,M S office. Language:- C, C++ , Java , Microprocessor SUMMER TRAINING:- 45 days summer training in B.S.N.L. Alwar(Rajasthan) 28 days summer training in DOORDARSHAN RELAY CENTER. From Bharatpur(Rajasthan) HOBBIES:- Making friendship ,singing and listening ,watching and playing cricket PERSONAL DETAILS:- Name : ANIL KUMAR SHARMA Father s Name : Mr. RADHAKISHAN Mother s Name : BHAGWATI DEVI Date of Birth : 26-07-1983 Marital Status : Single Languages Known : English and Hindi Permanent Address RadhaBhallabh ji ka mandir, Radhacolloni, Kaman, Bharatpur, (Rajasthan) I hereby affirm that information in this document is accurate and true to the best of my knowledge. Date: Place: (Anil Kumar Sharma))

---

---

Any help would be much appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Hi,

XML with this structure cannot be automatically interpreted by the Caspio web services.

That given, you are left with at least two options:

1) Use your database as a primary data source;

2) Use XML the tool outputs as a primary data source.

In both cases, you will need to write a script which calls the Caspio Bridge web service API and passes the data through the InsertData method, as specified in the documentation: http://www.caspio.com/pdfs/Caspio-Bridge-Web-Service-API.pdf

If you choose to use XML which the tool outputs, you will have to implement either a SOAP web service or a page which takes the XML (from either a SOAP method call or a POST request), transforms the data and sends it to the Caspio Bridge web service API.

Hi - Just wanted to update everyone that beginning on October 3, 2022, Caspio will deprecate SOAP API Web Services and this option will be removed from API profile creation screen. Existing SOAP applications will continue to function until June 3, 2024. After this date, the Caspio SOAP API will no longer execute. We strongly recommend that you start migrating any existing SOAP calls to Caspio’s REST API to avoid interruption of your applications and benefit from modern API technology. To know more, you can check it here: https://howto.caspio.com/deprecations/deprecation-of-soap-web-service/

Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that in Caspio's recent release (48) states that SOAP API will be officially retire this coming December 1, 2024. And if youu are still using SOAP API in your Caspio applications, it's best to sort it out as soon as you can. You may check this link:

https://howto.caspio.com/release-notes/caspio-49-0/#:~:text=Deprecation of SOAP Web Service%3A