Inserting a calculated field

I have a calculation that I want to populate a field in a details report page. The field totalappfield is not populating and I've tried dozens of iterations based on examples provided by Caspio. Can anyone see what's wrong?

function calculate()

{

var applicationfee = parseFloat(document.getElementById("EditRecordapplicationfee").value);

var numbercoapps = parseFloat(document.getElementById("EditRecordnumbercoapps").value);

var totalappfee = (applicationfee * numbercoapps);

document.getElementById("EditRecordtotalappfee").value=Math.round(totalappfee);

}

document.getElementById("caspioform").onsubmit=calculate;

I have a calculation that I want to populate a field in a details report page. The field totalappfield is not populating and I've tried dozens of iterations based on examples provided by Caspio. Can anyone see what's wrong?

function calculate()

{

var applicationfee = parseFloat(document.getElementById("EditRecordapplicationfee").value);

var numbercoapps = parseFloat(document.getElementById("EditRecordnumbercoapps").value);

var totalappfee = (applicationfee * numbercoapps);

document.getElementById("EditRecordtotalappfee").value=Math.round(totalappfee);

}

document.getElementById("caspioform").onsubmit=calculate;

Script looks good. Make sure that all your field's Ids are correct. You mentioned totalappfield field, but according to the script you are updating totalappfee field.

All fields used in calculation have to be Text fields or Hidden, you may not use display only fields in calculations.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

Hi all!

Just to give you an update with the current features of Caspio, you can now have Calculated Values in Details DataPage. This feature was released last July 2018.  

Calculated Values allow you to generate dynamic calculations that automatically update as users interact with your form. Common use cases for this feature are order forms, financial calculators, rate schedules and custom data analysis. The Calculated Value form element is available for various data types and the calculated value will be stored in the table once the form is submitted.

Kindly check this link for more information: https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/datapage-components/calculated-values/ 

I know it's late but hoping that this will help other users for future reference.

Cheers!

-kristina