Document template custom value not working

Wikiwi

Question

I found a bug in document generation's custom value feature. In their how-to documentation it says that you can use data source fields as parameters in custom value mapping type. I tried copying the example provided in the how-to link: (https://howto.caspio.com/document-generation/mapping-templates/mapping-one-template-field-with-many-table-fields-through-parameters/#:~:text=Steps to map a template field with many table fields%3A) But I got the following result on my end:

image.png.78ef14bce062c3d72d9d41f4e2e24310.png

image.png.c8de9bb137364fb2736a471dc8c2939c.png

ย 

Instead of acting as a parameter, the custom value treats the parameters as actual text ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.ย 

Things I tried so far that didn't work:

- encapsulating both parameters in single or double quotes

- Used table as a datasource instead of view.

Note: I know I can make a formula field in my table and combine these 2 fields then use that formula field for mapping but what if I'm using a View and I need to map a textbox with 2 fields from different tables?

2 answers to this question

Hello,

That feature works fine on my end. Are you manually typing the parameters, or are you using the "Insert Parameter" button? It looks like if those parameters do not exist, so it is just inserting it as text due to that. If that does not work, I would suggest you to contact with Caspio support team to check it out.