Stamping electronic signature on Caspio's document generated template

Didier

Question

Hi Guys

I am currently working on a project to have the signature stamped on the document generated template of Caspio.

The signature is from Caspio's forum which gets put on the submission form.
Once the signature is put on there, i would then like for that signature to appear on the caspio document as a signature or image. Currently as you can see on the attached form (ZM agreement form) on the second page, it appears like some json script.

the signature was from this caspio forum: https://forums.caspio.com/topic/4693-js-adding-a-digital-signature-to-a-submission-form/

ZM AGREEMENT FORM_Didier Kahungu signed.pdf

4 answers to this question

Hi @Didier

This is not possible with document generation.

Even if you were to convert this signature into an image via some 3rd party or custom JavaScript, document generation is not capable of rendering image files. Instead of an image, document generation will show a path to the image.
As a workaround, you could style a details DataPage to look like your PDF template via HTML/CSS.
Then, you can use the regular PDF download option (without document template).
This way, the downloaded PDF file will contain the signature as an image.

I appreciate your response, how then can i do that because now i am exploring the PDF template via HTML/CSS. option....How do i get to save that signature as an image, please help me....I know that once im able to save it as image i can then be able to stamp it on there...PLEASE help

On 9/13/2024 at 2:39 PM, Volomeister said:

Hi @Didier

This is not possible with document generation.

Even if you were to convert this signature into an image via some 3rd party or custom JavaScript, document generation is not capable of rendering image files. Instead of an image, document generation will show a path to the image.
As a workaround, you could style a details DataPage to look like your PDF template via HTML/CSS.
Then, you can use the regular PDF download option (without document template).
This way, the downloaded PDF file will contain the signature as an image.

I appreciate your response, how then can i do that because now i am exploring the PDF template via HTML/CSS. option....How do i get to save that signature as an image, please help me....I know that once im able to save it as image i can then be able to stamp it on there...PLEASE help

1 minute ago, Didier said:

Once saved as an image then i can stamp it on the PDF (which i have already customized to look like the original), now i need that signature saved an an image in a caspio field so i can stamp it on the PDF...please help