Distance Search & Google Map Mashup

datasador

Question

Hi everyone,

I am trying in get the input of the distance search coordinates along side with the records pin on the google map.

So I have a datapage with real estate properties which has a field for the Lat and Lon, I am using the google map mashup, so when I do a search all the records are pin in the map. This works great, however

when I used the Search by Distance, I need that the Lat and Lon values input, to also be pin in the map.  I am able to  get the Lat and the Lon from the search by parameters. 

So the other part is how can I take those coordinates and pin them in the map also.  I am using the caspio map mashup settings.

If anybody has a work around or has able to to this, please let me know where could be the problem.

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Hi @datasador

I didn't try it myself, but I have the following idea.

The script takes longitude and latitude values from div Elements from HTML block 

<span id="MapItLink:[@field:PK_ID]:[@cbAppKey]"></span>

<div id="Latitude:[@field:PK_ID]:[@cbAppKey]" style="display:none">[@field:Latitude]</div>
<div id="Longitude:[@field:PK_ID]:[@cbAppKey]" style="display:none">[@field:Longitude]</div>

<script type="text/javascript">try{ mapEnvironment. SetDetailsMapSettings( "[@cbAppKey]", "[@field:PK_ID]" );
}catch(e){}</script>

Based on this, in addition to code in HTML block, you can add modified code in the header of your report, where instead of [@field:Latitude] and [@field:Longitude] you will be using [@Latitude] and [@Longitude] parameters and instead of [@field:PK_ID] you will use something like "SearchInput"
Here is how the code in the header will look:

<span id="MapItLink:SearchInput:[@cbAppKey]"></span>

<div id="Latitude:SearchInput:[@cbAppKey]" style="display:none">[@Latitude]</div>
<div id="Longitude:SearchInput:[@cbAppKey]" style="display:none">[@Longitude]</div>

<script type="text/javascript">try{ mapEnvironment.AddDpItemMapSettings( "[@cbAppKey]", "SearchInput" );
}catch(e){}</script>

[@Latitude] and [@Longitude] parameters must be passed on exit from search form.