Login Drop Down Sub-Menu

IWC

Question

Hello

I am modifying/creating an app which has the need for it to be visible to the public without a login, but also sections must be available to 2 types of user (Admin and Manager) who will need to login.

To achieve this I'd like to create a menu at the top of the page with, among other options, a Login drop down sub-menu, like the one in this jsFiddle - http://jsfiddle.net/cpvZC/10/

Also I'd like it to work so that when the user enters their login details the page would stay as it is (no refresh, no redirect etc.) but the menu would then change to show the options for their specific roles.

Is it possible to have a login drop down menu such as in the above jsFiddle with Caspio authentications, everything I have read seems to indicate that type of login sub-menu won't work because I can't pass the values of the fields to the Caspio authentication, and I can't format the authentication to even work like a drop down menu?

Also would changing the menu without refreshing the page also be possible, I have seen code which indicates it might be possible, by hiding links/divs based on the auth fields, but I'm not sure if that would work?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

1 answer to this question

Hello

I am modifying/creating an app which has the need for it to be visible to the public without a login, but also sections must be available to 2 types of user (Admin and Manager) who will need to login.

To achieve this I'd like to create a menu at the top of the page with, among other options, a Login drop down sub-menu, like the one in this jsFiddle - http://jsfiddle.net/cpvZC/10/

Also I'd like it to work so that when the user enters their login details the page would stay as it is (no refresh, no redirect etc.) but the menu would then change to show the options for their specific roles.

Is it possible to have a login drop down menu such as in the above jsFiddle with Caspio authentications, everything I have read seems to indicate that type of login sub-menu won't work because I can't pass the values of the fields to the Caspio authentication, and I can't format the authentication to even work like a drop down menu?

Also would changing the menu without refreshing the page also be possible, I have seen code which indicates it might be possible, by hiding links/divs based on the auth fields, but I'm not sure if that would work? IFRAMES

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

What you're seeing at jsfiddle isn't a dropdown. It's just a button with a down arrow.

So, in that case you could create a button that changes an element from "display: none;" to "display: block" or "height: 0px" to "height: 64px". Then embed the Caspio snippet into that element.

In order for the entire page to not refresh, you need to use IFRAMES. This gets very complicated, but some info on how to work with IFRAMES in Caspio can be found here -> http://forums.caspio.com/index.php/topic/5232-loading-forms-while-embedded/

Hope this helps