Is It Possible To Send Email Conditionally Based On A Checkbox Value?

Yes, I have this setup on some of my apps. You can achieve by setting the destination URL to another datapage that filters based on checkmark. If checkmarked, then the datapage auto-submits with the email notification.

You can create a datapage with filter to receive the Record ID and add filter if field checked. You will need to pass the Record ID from the originating datapage. Then add the auto submit script below and setup your email notification.

Set the localization of the datapage to display a custom message if filter is not satisfied (message when not checked).

There is an article here on the auto-submit, however for the update datapage you will need to use the following (most recent Caspio Version update caused modification in this script).

<script type="text/javascript">

setTimeout(function () {

if (document.forms["caspioform"] && !!document.forms["caspioform"]["Mod0EditRecord"])
   {

document.forms["caspioform"]["Mod0EditRecord"].click();
   }
  }, 500);

</script>

Let me know if this work for you.

• 3 years later...

Hi @mparks,

Just to give you an update, we currently have Triggered Actions as one of the advanced features of Caspio. 

Triggered Actions allow data manipulation, calculations and sending notifications by constructing application logic with a visual interface. They will be executed on specified events to perform actions on data in your tables. 

Kindly check this link for more detailed information: https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/triggered-actions/

-kristina