Uncheck (or Ignore) multiple criteria checkboxes conditionally

I have a tabular report that uses a search form. "Field 1" consists of 10 multiple criteria that are all checkboxes. 

Following that is another single checkbox field, and three text fields. So let's call that 5 fields total (Field 1 includes all 10 multiple criteria checkboxes).

What I want to do is this:

When Field 2, 3, 4, or 5 is not blank (or is checked), uncheck all the criteria checkboxes in Field 1. Or just "ignore" Field 1.

(I found a couple previous posts describing checkbox unchecking, but not with multiple criteria, and they're different situations).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

In lieu of the above, a button (or piece of text etc) that performs the function of "Check All / Uncheck All" would also work.

I've tried the code here in various iterations: https://webdevdoor.com/javascript-ajax/javascript-function-check-uncheck-checkboxes but can't get it to work, mainly because I have a poor understanding of how to adjust and implement it, I'm mostly javascript illiterate.

• 2 weeks later...