Table set up help

KevinGZBT

Question

Hi,

I'm very new and getting started.  I've been messing around with the different tables but I can't seem to make this work.  Does anybody have any thoughts?  

I have a file that looks like this:

1     8/15/2018  16:56          PALATINE                 ENROUTE DEPART  

1    8/16/2018 0:29              CHICAGO                  ENROUTE ARRIVE

1   8/16/2018 10:50            CHICAGO                  ENROUTE DEPART

1  8/16/2018 21:35             DES MOINES            ENROUTE ARRIVE

I am trying to collapse the "1" into a single row and list the events in time order going left to right so it would look like this:

1        8/15/18  16:56                8/16/18                            8/16/18                          8/16/18

Palatine                               Chicago                             CHICAGO                     Des Moines

Enroute Depart              Enroute Arrive              Enroute Depart         Enroute Arrive

I've tried messing around with lots of charts and a pivot table but i can't seem to make it work correctly.  All of this is created by searching an ID that is listed in another field in the data.

Thank you in advance.

1 answer to this question

On 8/19/2018 at 1:36 PM, KevinGZBT said:

Hi,

I'm very new and getting started.  I've been messing around with the different tables but I can't seem to make this work.  Does anybody have any thoughts?  

I have a file that looks like this:

1     8/15/2018  16:56          PALATINE                 ENROUTE DEPART  

1    8/16/2018 0:29              CHICAGO                  ENROUTE ARRIVE

1   8/16/2018 10:50            CHICAGO                  ENROUTE DEPART

1  8/16/2018 21:35             DES MOINES            ENROUTE ARRIVE

I am trying to collapse the "1" into a single row and list the events in time order going left to right so it would look like this:

1        8/15/18  16:56                8/16/18                            8/16/18                          8/16/18

Palatine                               Chicago                             CHICAGO                     Des Moines

Enroute Depart              Enroute Arrive              Enroute Depart         Enroute Arrive

I've tried messing around with lots of charts and a pivot table but i can't seem to make it work correctly.  All of this is created by searching an ID that is listed in another field in the data.

Thank you in advance.

You should try the Data grouping. https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/reports/advanced-reporting/data-grouping/