Creating a searchable tagging system

Richtopher

Question

Hey there!

It is difficult for me to express what I am trying to achieve, but I will do my best. 

I have a table of vendors that has a "list - String" field which I use to assign them tags so that end-users can filter the list using certain tags.

I want to know if it's possible to use relationships to connect that field to another table and have that table replace the tag field in the original table.

If it isn't possible, then I'll try looking around for another solution. Though if it is, I also want to know if I can create a search bar where the end-user inputs text and it searches not just one element of a table for results, but also the description. (ex. The search looks through the fields named "Tags" and "Description" in the same table to return results.)

1 answer to this question

Hi @Richtopher,

I regret to inform you that, you cannot establish relationships to connect that List-String field to another table. List-string contains multiple values, however, in relationships it requires specific value. 

For your another concern,  you can do keyword search across multiple fields. Here are the links that can help you achieve your desired workflow:  

https://howto.caspio.com/faq/reports-datapages/how-to-do-keyword-search-across-multiple-fields/

https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/tech-parameters/how-to-separate-search-page-and-results-page-into-two-different-webpages/

I hope this helps.