Passing Logged-In User's Email Address to Caspio Via WordPress

mrvotto

Question

I would like my logged-in users to be able to access a table with details specific to their email address. I do not want a search field in place because I do not want to compromise the privacy of others.

I figured the best approach would be to pass along the logged-in user's email address to Caspio, as there would be a match within the table. I investigated doing this via the External Parameters function, but I think I have a fundamental misunderstanding of what that is.

Has anyone ever attempted to pass along a logged-in user's email address from WordPress to Caspio to pre-populate a field or load results? I think this would solve a giant headache for me, but I'm not sure where to begin.

Thank you in advance for any insights you can provide.

1 answer to this question

Hi, 

Yes, passing the WordPress logged in user email as a parameter is completely possible. 

However, you must be a bit techie to get it done, you could create a button using the WP method wp_get_current_user() in the PHP of your site and then pass the email as URL parameter. 

I found this article on the web which could help you 

If you do not have the expertise of doing something like this, I would encourage to hire someone to do it for you as you may cause serious damage to your site if it is not done properly. 

I hope this gives you some light on what you are trying to do. 

Best Regards.