Pass aggregate as parameter

NickO

Question

I have two data pages, one to calculate which applications are need and one to calculate the number of users per application. The output to the user needs to be a report of users per application. Due to elements involved in calculating these two values, it is extremely inefficient to create a single view that has all that info. Is there a way to pass the data from the aggregate row of a datapage as a parameter? I could then use a third page to calculate the results.

I am not married to that approach, by the way, that is just where my brain is locked at the moment. I am more than willing to consider alternative approaches to make this happen.

3 answers to this question

I am not sure I follow @Corpcatalog. On my datapage, I have a column that does a custom calculation to count the number of users in various categories. I aggregate that number in the datapage and need to pass that aggregated value. Maybe I am just being dense, but I cannot find a solution that aggregates the value in a parameter that I can pass to another datapage.

8 hours ago, NickO said:

I am not sure I follow @Corpcatalog. On my datapage, I have a column that does a custom calculation to count the number of users in various categories. I aggregate that number in the datapage and need to pass that aggregated value. Maybe I am just being dense, but I cannot find a solution that aggregates the value in a parameter that I can pass to another datapage.

There may be a way to use Java to put the result of the aggregation into a virtual field then pass that as a parameter, or put a formula in the field that does the same job as the aggregate. 

Sorry I'm not that experienced with Java but other on here may be able to help.