Likert Scale in Pivot Table using Lookup Fields

skcombs

Question

In a survey, I am using a Likert Scale of 4 values (Strongly Disagree -> Strongly Agree) to answer several questions on a submission form.  I would like to create a Pivot Table with questions on one dimension,  scale names on the other, with a count of User-Ids as the values.  How do I use the scale values (Strongly Agree...) from a lookup table to specify the rows (or columns) ?   ALSO, I kept getting an ERROR when I submitted this question telling me to try again, so Sorry for the multiple submissions.

5 answers to this question

Hello @skcombs,

Could you confirm, please, that you want to create the Pivot Table with the following view?

64JvjZs.png

If so, then I am afraid this is not possible to create a Pivot Table using the lookup table as a data source.

It is possible only with a table that has specific table design.

Do you have the table with the similar design at the moment?

CjtetoE.png

I have a table where the responses are stored as numbers.  A lookup table has the pairing of labels to numbers, and the labels are used for the radio button responses.  One reason for this is that I want to compare the rating a respondent gives to each question over time to the same question.

Hello @skcombs,

I will describe the solution based on the assumption that you have the table design like this.

1) This is the Lookup table that stores  possible options:

X5qxgGB.png

2) This is the table with responses:

tavg9zD.png

3) It is possible to create the Pivot as on the screenshot in my previous post on the base of the table that has the following table design:

Z3XpGiD.png

4) You may fill in the table for Pivot Table with values by Task/Triggered Action.

Here is the part of Task example: 

8u90Z8M.png

Task is helpful for the existing records. You may use the similar Triggered Action for new (inserted) records, the only difference is that in the Trigger you should SELECT FROM #inserted instead of the Responses table from the example.

Hope this helps. 

Just want to add some additional information. In Caspio Release 25, you may now use unicodes. Caspio now supports Unicode symbols so you can display emoji characters and other symbols directly in your apps. They can be used in Tables, Views, DataPages, Email/SMS Notifications, Localizations, Formulas, Triggered Actions and Application Tasks. The supported symbols are listed at https://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html.

You may try to implement this kind of workflow in your rating app. Like you may add stars and other unicodes in your criteria.

image.png.380c0ca114032d9650630a54fbdd2a28.png