Pass multiple criteria to datapage "Filter data based on your pre-defined criteria" option

Roosta

Question

Hello all,

I am using several datapages embedded using iFrames into a single datapage to produce an output for a customised PDF with has worked well when using a single parameter however I need to be able to use multiple parameters in a field, to explain.

Say I have a column that contains engineers unique ID's in a format ENGID-4, ENGID-413, ENGID- 512 etc I am using a datatpage to search records with a multi-select list box which I want to pass the searched parameters to this datapage when a button is clicked. I have a hiddin virtual field which converts the output of the search field which is ENGID-4||cb||ENGID-413||cb||ENGID- 512 etc to whatever output I need such as ENGID-4 OR ENGID-413 OR ENGID- 512.

I then pass this value using "Pass field value as parameter:" using [@EngID] to the relevant datapage I then assumed I would be able to use the "Contains" option from the filter fields menu as in the screen shot to get my desired results however, the results have not been as expected.  For example if I pass ENGID-4 OR ENGID-413 it displays every record begins with a 4 e.g. 4,  411, 413, 425, etc. I have tried various combinations such as replacing OR with a space or comma but with no success.

Screen1.thumb.JPG.e82fb0421a698093c0ca4a26bec079bc.JPG

For example if I pass ENGID-4 OR ENGID-413 it displays every record begins with a 4 e.g. 4,  411, 413, 425, etc. I have tried various combinations such as replacing OR with a space or comma but with no success. The example below was for ENGID-4 OR ENGID-413 and should only contain Carol Danvers and Henry McCoy.

Screen2.thumb.JPG.a2ba74b59746aaccdd913b89ccb68aed.JPG

Any suggestions on how I might overcome this would be gratefully received as I am trying to create a "batch report" containing tables, pivot tabes, graphs in one PDF.

Many thanks,

Roosta

3 answers to this question

Hello there, I've come across this HowTo article that you may find helpful in achieving your desired workflow. Here's the link to the HowTo article:

https://howto.caspio.com/faq/parameters-2/how-to-pass-multiple-values-in-one-parameter/

Please note that this solution will only work to fields with a form element set to text field. If you are using another form element, you may need to replace it with a text field, otherwise, it might not work.