Multi-Select from a member table and insert selected members into a new table

EricB

Question

Like the title suggests, I am looking for a way to have users view a datapage that pulls  tables together using a many to many relationship.

What I want to achieve is a user logging in and seeing a company maintenance interface (pictured below). From this interface they will be able to manager users, manage applications, manage workflows, and manage approval groups. This question is in regard to the approval groups datapage and how to achieve the following.

The user will click the approval group option and be taken to a screen that allows them to view/modify an approval group or add users and approvers to create an approval group. Here is how I currently have it setup.

The approval group consists of an approval_group_id and a name. The member table consists of all details about the members including a user_guid. The join table named Group_Members consists of the user_guid from the member table and the approval_group_id from the approval group table. (Screenshots below for a visual)

So I would like company1 to login, go to company maintenance, select approval groups, be taken to approval group options, create new approval group by selecting members and adding them to the Group_Member table that assigns the approval_group_id to them. The functionality for approvers will work the same exact way but this question is just asking about Group_Members for now.

Thanks for your time and let me know if you need any more information.

CompanyInterface.png

manytomanyaddmemberstogroup.png

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet