Does Caspio support table links zeroing-in on a record's map icon when using link (not embed) deployment?

BobLerner

Question

I know this works when the data-page is deployed with full website embeds - but I have tried all sorts of ways to do it when I am deploying thru only data-page links. If it can, are there any sources of help beyond Ned's great video, the map-configuration tool or the developer's guide - all of which seem not to be able to help me. The map is displaying perfectly, and there is a column header in place, but the column itself has no entries for the clickable links. 

Here is the code I have in my HTML block (which follows all fields); RecID is my unique key in the table.  Ajax is disabled and number formatting for latitude and longitude has been set)

<span id="MapItLink:[@field:RecID]:[@cbAppKey]"></span>
<div id="Address:[@field:PK_ID]:[@cbAppKey]" style="display:none;">[@field:State], [@field:City]</div>
<div id="Description:[@field:PK_ID]:[@cbAppKey]" style="display:none;">[@field:Persona]</div>
<div id="Latitude:[@field:PK_ID]:[@cbAppKey]" style="display:none;">[@field:Latitude#]</div>
<div id="Longitude:[@field:PK_ID]:[@cbAppKey]" style="display:none;">[@field:Longitude#]</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
    try{ mapEnvironment.AddDpItemMapSettings('[@cbAppKey]', '[@field:PK_ID]'); }
    catch(e){ }
</script> 

Any help would be really appreciated.

1 answer to this question

The solution turns out to be that there is generated code via the tool that needs to be inserted in each header of each target view in which you want the map shown (search, table or detail). The instructions indicated (to me at least) that the code was only to be used with embed deployment and not link deployment which I'm using. I suggested to Caspio (ticket) support -- who responded very quickly -- that the instructions might need to be clarified a bit. Hope this helps future viewers of the message.