Permanent hyperlink to each record in my table

JAKA77

Question

My apologies if this topic has been covered before, but my attempts to find an existing answer were not successful.

Is there a way to have each record in my table automatically display a hyperlink to that record?  This will allow users to share the record with others by copying it and embedding it into an email, webpage or social media post.

When I run a search on my table, the search results are set up to display abbreviated records with links to the full records.  Those link can be copied and shared, but they are temporary -- probably because they are tied to the search session.  I need permanent links.

Thanks for your help!

4 answers to this question

Hello there! I think this is achievable using query string parameters. To give you a brief background about this, query strings are strings of text that are added to the end of a URL. The parameters in query strings are received by DataPages just like how parameters are passed through Caspio Bridge. For more information, you can check this HowTo article:

https://howto.caspio.com/parameters/parameters-as-query-string-values/

As a follow-up .... the links from astroboy above were very helpful and provided the information I needed to solve my problem.  I have some HTML coding experience which helped, but otherwise I'm a B-level operator and still got it.  Thanks, astroboy!!