Hiding a date field is causing error

JKSGT

Question

I have a datapage which is used for 'new' records and 'amend' records. When record is 'new', the datapage asks the user to input a start date and the end date is a calculated field. There are contained in section 1. If the record is 'amend', I want to make section 1 hidden and display section  2 with virtual fields which only shows the previously input values of the start/end date. However, hiding section 1 is causing an error saying 'Values in one or more fields are invalid' when trying to submit the form. If I unhide section 1, I can submit the form. Any idea what's going on? Many thanks

2 answers to this question

Hi @JKSGT!

So are you saying that you are using a Submission Form to update the data in the existing record? You should probably use Single Record Update for this purpose, because Submission will always create a new record in the table.
You can read more here:
https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/forms/update-forms/

But I may have misunderstood you. So how do you exactly do that? What datapage type are you using for "amend"? If you give us more details, it will be much easier to help you.

Hi @JKSGT,

Have you tried using conditional element to hide the section or the fields, for more information you may check this link: https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/forms/conditional-forms/. It would be helpful, if you can attached a screenshot of the DataPage configuration or provide a step by step instruction for me to check on my end.