Insert New Line Trigger Freezing Page

pmcfarlain

Question

I created this trigger so that when I insert a new line into this table, it automatically creates a matching line in another table (if the unit type is not "FREIGHT" or "OTHER"). For some reason, it ran perfectly the first time I added a new line but now when I enable it and try to add a new line to my table, it freezes the page and does not allow me to add a new line to the original table.  The page turns unresponsive. Here is my trigger. Can anyone help me identify the issue?

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 1.46.59 PM.png

5 answers to this question

That's strange. That happens when there is an indefinite loop in the Trigger, but, yours is very simple.

What I noticed, though, is you are using Run Actions on insert, you have to SELECT from #inserted instead of tbl_ggl_job_lines, as the #inserted stores the new records.

Maybe try other browsers, does it still freeze, as well?

6 minutes ago, TellMeWhy said:

That's strange. That happens when there is an indefinite loop in the Trigger, but, yours is very simple.

What I noticed, though, is you are using Run Actions on insert, you have to SELECT from #inserted instead of tbl_ggl_job_lines, as the #inserted stores the new records.

Maybe try other browsers, does it still freeze, as well?

Just changed to #inserted, now I'm encountering this error.

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 2.19.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 2.22.44 PM.png

Figured out part of the issue (some logical errors with a connected table) so now it's not running into any errors but it's also not doing what it's supposed to do. The idea between the full outer join was to get the records in which there are no matching line numbers so that I can create a new matching line number in the other table. 

Tested it out with outer, inner, and left join but its not doing anything.