Need help creating a task to update/insert data

NatJohn

Question

I am trying to create a task in my app. I need the task to pull user data from the applicants table and place into the user_copy table. The task would be designed to pull specific user data and also to set user capabilities within the user table.

I have three separate groupings of people: Students, FM and SM. When pulled from the applicants table and inserted into the user table I would like their capabilities set appropriately. The main problem I am running into now is that some FM’s can also be SM’s at the same time and the way I have the task set now the SM update is overriding the FM update. It is also not allowing for dual capabilities between FM and SM. Currently both the FM and SM items are setup the same, just as in the picture. Any ideas? Any and all help would be appreciated.

image.png.16146d76d870efa406ae9b05ee2c04d4.png

2 answers to this question

Hello there, I have a suggestion in mind but instead of using an application task, I suggest creating views out of your original table to filter out the users for every user group without the need of transferring every record to different tables. Here are the steps:

1. Add a 'Yes/No' field for every user role (Students, FM and SM) that you have. If a user belongs to two different user group, you may check both checkboxes
2. Create a view using the table and set a filter. You may refer to this HowTo article: https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/what-are-views/creating-a-view-to-filter-data/
3. Create an authentication for every user role using the views that you created

You may also check this one for more information: https://howto.caspio.com/authentications-and-connections/authentication/setting-up-user-permissions-in-your-app/

I hope this helps. Cheers!