Case Select Statement Issues

Vad21

Question

So I have used Case Select statements for some time and never ran into the roadblock I have today. Not quite sure if it is a caspio limitation or issue or if I am just snow-blind to the situation and can not see my mistake.

The code below I have placed in a calculated field on my report and it works fine until I put the DateDiff statement at the end. The same Datediff worked fine independently but not in this case statement. Any help would be soooo appreciated. TY:)

CASE

WHEN [@field:Estimate_Sent_To_FS_Date] IS NOT NULL
THEN "Complete"

WHEN [@field:Canceled_Date] IS NOT NULL THEN "Canceled"

ELSE Datediff(day,[@field:Eval_Fax_in_Date],GetDate())

END

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Vad21 said:

So I have used Case Select statements for some time and never ran into the roadblock I have today. Not quite sure if it is a caspio limitation or issue or if I am just snow-blind to the situation and can not see my mistake.

The code below I have placed in a calculated field on my report and it works fine until I put the DateDiff statement at the end. The same Datediff worked fine independently but not in this case statement. Any help would be soooo appreciated. TY:)

CASE

WHEN [@field:Estimate_Sent_To_FS_Date] IS NOT NULL
THEN "Complete"

WHEN [@field:Canceled_Date] IS NOT NULL THEN "Canceled"

ELSE Datediff(day,[@field:Eval_Fax_in_Date],GetDate())

END

Probably because your THEN is a string, and your ELSE is a 'number' Try to convert it to text CONVERT(VARCHAR, (Datediff(day,[@field:Eval_Fax_in_Date],GetDate())))