Create a variable 2 Step Form

Jmichael1425

Question

I want to create a variable 2-step form. I know how to create a 2 step form, that when you click submit it takes you to the next part. Currently there's 2 data pages, 1 for Step 1 and another for step 2.

However here's what I'm trying to do.

In the first step of the form I have a dropdown that is called "Job Type" In that dropdown I have  Multiple Options; "Repair", "Warranty", and "Quote". Instead of having just 2 data pages  I need to be able to have 4. That way it functions as follows:

If "Repair" is selected in Step 1 (Datapage 1) then it goes to Datapage 2 for step 2

If "Warranty" is selected in Step 1 (Datapage 1) then it goes to Datapage 3 for step 2

Lastly, If "Quote" is selected in Step 1 (Datapage 1) then it goes to Datapage 4 for step 2. 

This will all function off the same table, just depending on the option, that is selected the calculated formulas are different for each of those and the info collected is a little different. 

Any help / advice would be fantastic.  Thanks

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Jmichael1425 said:

I want to create a variable 2-step form. I know how to create a 2 step form, that when you click submit it takes you to the next part. Currently there's 2 data pages, 1 for Step 1 and another for step 2.

However here's what I'm trying to do.

In the first step of the form I have a dropdown that is called "Job Type" In that dropdown I have  Multiple Options; "Repair", "Warranty", and "Quote". Instead of having just 2 data pages  I need to be able to have 4. That way it functions as follows:

If "Repair" is selected in Step 1 (Datapage 1) then it goes to Datapage 2 for step 2

If "Warranty" is selected in Step 1 (Datapage 1) then it goes to Datapage 3 for step 2

Lastly, If "Quote" is selected in Step 1 (Datapage 1) then it goes to Datapage 4 for step 2. 

This will all function off the same table, just depending on the option, that is selected the calculated formulas are different for each of those and the info collected is a little different. 

Any help / advice would be fantastic.  Thanks

I believe this is exactly what you're looking for? https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/common-customizations/dynamic-redirects-after-form-submission/

Instead of a Dropdown, you can use Calculated Value that gets the value of your dropdown instead and use CASE WHEN

I read and followed that documentation and it doesn't work. I've been trying to work it based off that for the last week. It goes to the proper site where the second step form is located but it returns no results.  I tried using a single record update as the second step and it kinda works, it will create a second record which is weird and i have tried a details page as the second step and it doesn't work at all.

2 hours ago, Jmichael1425 said:

I read and followed that documentation and it doesn't work. I've been trying to work it based off that for the last week. It goes to the proper site where the second step form is located but it returns no results.  I tried using a single record update as the second step and it kinda works, it will create a second record which is weird and i have tried a details page as the second step and it doesn't work at all.

That's strange, you are receiving it by adding InsertRecord on the Field name correct?