Conditional Formatting for List Box

jgavlak

Question

I created datapage web form and trying to perform conditional format on the data page.

I have a data table with a field called Attending(capture who attended a training session.) in my main data table.  I have a datapage user form for users (instructors) to fill out and submit training details, including names of who attended

Heres’ the issue I can’t figure out

1. Need user to be able to select a location from the form dropdown and have another section open up with the personnel roster of the location they selected
  2. Personnel roster for each location is in a separate lookup table
  3. When they select the location and open the correct roster they can select individuals who attended from a list box and those selections get placed in the Attending field on the main data table listed above)

Is this possible with the software. I see only limited conditional fields in the documentation.

Thanks

1 answer to this question

14 hours ago, jgavlak said:

I created datapage web form and trying to perform conditional format on the data page.

I have a data table with a field called Attending(capture who attended a training session.) in my main data table.  I have a datapage user form for users (instructors) to fill out and submit training details, including names of who attended

Heres’ the issue I can’t figure out

1. Need user to be able to select a location from the form dropdown and have another section open up with the personnel roster of the location they selected
  2. Personnel roster for each location is in a separate lookup table
  3. When they select the location and open the correct roster they can select individuals who attended from a list box and those selections get placed in the Attending field on the main data table listed above)

Is this possible with the software. I see only limited conditional fields in the documentation.

Thanks

You want ONE record for EACH attendant, correct?

If so, everything should be possible, the one with the listbox might be on the more complex side, though.

If you multiselect in a listbox, then each name will be separated by a comma (all in one field).

You can count the commas (plus one) so you'll get the total number of records selected, and then you can use maybe while loop until number of commas in Triggered Action, get first string up to the first comma, insert it to the table, update #inserted and remove the first name up to comma, and then it will repeat it until nothing is left and everything is inserted.

However, there might be a problem since this is a NAME, you have to make sure their names don't have commas so the Trigger will count correct