Updating Authfield values

CoffeeLover

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi @CoffeeLover,

To update user authentication fields, you can use Single Record Update DataPage, with the Users table as the Data Source. Then you can restrict access to the page based on Authentication:

https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/forms/update-forms/

I'm not sure what do you mean by "How can I have the users authfields updated if changed? (without them logging off and loggging back in)", could you specify a little bit more?

Hi @KlisaN137,

Thanks for your reply. I will try and explain my work flow a bit better.

I have 2 datapages both using the same authentication to login.

- Edit Profile Setting 

- Quick Search

Quick Search datapage gets the users preferences (which are set in Edit Profile Setting) and searches based on that criteria. There is no form for this search.  If a user changes their preferences in Edit Profile Setting the data is updated however all auth fields remain the same and only update when the user logs out and logs back in.

For example - A user logs in with the authentication and changes the criteria from "Accounts" to "Human Resources" in Edit Profile Setting. The data updates to "Human Resources" but the auth field remains "Accounts" until the user logs out and logs back in. I am trying to find a way where the auth fields refresh with the new values without the user having to logout and log back in.

Hope this is clearer.

Kind regards

CoffeeLover

Hi @CoffeeLover,

Thank you for explanation. As far as I can see, because the values of authentication fields are taken at the moment of login, they remain unchanged during the entire session. Only way to refresh data is starting a new session - log out and then again log in.

I found this Forum thread about that also:

I'm guessing that for required workflow, you might need to use additional table.