Multiple Cascading Dropdown not working

Lepidoptera

Question

I have created a filter datapage using multiple virtual fields. But having a stringed cascading dropdown doesn't seem to work.

Here is a visualization of my virtual fields with cascading dropdown (in particular order):

Virtual Field 1 (dropdown) ----> Virtual Field 2 (cascading dropdown) ---->  Virtual Field 3 (cascading dropdown)

Each iteration is dependent on the previous virtual fields and the problem arises on Virtual Field 3. The Virtual Field 3 is refreshing when changes in Virtual Field 2 is made but nothing is being populated on the dropdown besides the default display value. I have also made sure that the lookup on both lookup have similar/connecting values.

1 answer to this question

I solve this problem by creating problem by creating a view which combines Virtual Field 2 and Virtual Field 3 fields and I used it as the Lookup Table for Virtual Field 3.

The problem was that I was using the ID as the value of Virtual 2 and the Cascading dropdown relies on the Display Text which makes it incompatible. At this point I can't just change the relationship of the tables.