Display customer payment statuses for current month only.

Afzal1

Question

I have a club management system for which I'd like to easily see in a report which members 'have and which have not' paid their current months membership fee... What would be the best way of achieving this please?

Currently I have one table for payments and another for members combined in a view which feeds into a tabular report that filters payments with an 'active Y/N status' (paid), as well as where the payment amount 'is blank' (unpaid). However the problem with this is that I don't want to display previous / future months payments. Members who've only ever paid in previous months are also displaying as 'Paid' for the current month despite not having made their current month payments (some members are also appearing multiple times for each of their past payments). 

3 answers to this question

Another way to do this is to add a search form and create an option to filter paid and unpaid payments and combine it with @GoodBoy's suggestion. Also, are there records for unpaid bills in your payment table? From what I read, you only have payments and members. Does it mean that you have records in payments that are tagged as unpaid? If yes, then it should not change values if you're only display it. Because if there are records with unpaid status, it should show up as another separate record and should be easy to filter out. Perhaps you can check or provide a screenshot of the sample data that should be unpaid but is showing as paid?

On 8/16/2022 at 8:55 PM, GoodBoy said:

Hello. You may try filtering the view by the date field using the 'Current Month' comparison type. Or you may also filter the view on the DataPage level as well.

View:

image.png.cf1c23baadfa4b04ada26c106a6eaeaa.png

DataPage:

image.png.8c7232fb67c9666062a7d5cd51a12d99.png

On 8/16/2022 at 11:16 PM, Tubby said:

Another way to do this is to add a search form and create an option to filter paid and unpaid payments and combine it with @GoodBoy's suggestion. Also, are there records for unpaid bills in your payment table? From what I read, you only have payments and members. Does it mean that you have records in payments that are tagged as unpaid? If yes, then it should not change values if you're only display it. Because if there are records with unpaid status, it should show up as another separate record and should be easy to filter out. Perhaps you can check or provide a screenshot of the sample data that should be unpaid but is showing as paid?

Hi, @Tubby and @GoodBoy, just managed to fully implement  after several attempts. I've now added functionality to tag records as 'unpaid' in the tabular report by enabling bulk updates on this field which resolved a lot of the issues with this. After two years of caspio development now I know that blanks don't necessarily represent a (none) value!! Also added checkboxes and date selections at data page level to compliment the view based filters. Sounds simple now I know but literally did dozens of iterations on this as one of the more complex parts of my app - works like a dream now, thanks so much!