Reporting on search usage

findagoodcpa

Question

6 answers to this question

I want to find out what people are searching on in my database. Is there any reporting available that will show me the number of searches done and which keywords were searched?

Thanks,

Merel

One thing that you can do in Caspio Bridge is determine how many times the details page has been viewed. To do this, add a field to the table being searched and set the data type to be "Number". Include this field in the details page and set the form element to "PageViewIncrement". The value of this field will increment by 1 whenever the details page is viewed.

The ability to determine what people are searching for is not currently a standard feature of Caspio Bridge. However, we do have a professional service department who may be able to custom program this for you. You can place a request at http://www.caspio.com/support/projectconsultation.asp

I don't use details pages. Is there any other way to count the number of times someone does a search on my site?

Unfortunately, there is no other way to do this in native Caspio Bridge. However, we have a professional service team who can custom program this functionality for you. All you have to do is fill out the form at:

http://www.caspio.com/support/projectconsultation.asp

Someone will get back to you shortly.

Hey Kyle,

I am not sure how you are using pageviewincrement for this purpose because every time the details page is viewed this number adds one. So it can not be a good variable to hold the number of users signed up. To answer your question, if a user is deleted from the sign up table, a trigger in the backend database can be written to decrease the number of sign ups.

Happy new year!

Cheers,

Barbara