Can I send an auto email with fields from a view, not table

mdunbar

Question

At a point in my database flow, I want to send an acknowledgment email to an email address contained in a view (an not in the auth table), using about 16 fields in the view. The fields span a large number of related tables. Is there some way to force an email other than the limited ability in Caspio to send an email premised on the data in a single table.

The only solution I can think of is to continually write data to a particular table, so that there is one record that contains all of the data I need for the email. Writing (and then continually updating) data in this fashion would seem to defeat the advantages of a relational data base, as I would always have to keep returning to that table to update.

2 answers to this question

I'm having difficulty understanding the situation.

I realize that multi-table views are not editable and therefore the standard ack email option cannot be used. But based on what action are you interested to send the email? Is there going to be an update of some kind? In that case you could use a hidden form with your intended email address. Are emails triggered by people? Consider using the new rich options in Render As Email where any email field displayed as email can include a complete customized email template associated with it.

Please exapnd.

I also realize that multi-table views are not editable and therefore the standard ack email option cannot be used.In that case you could use a hidden form with your intended email address. Consider using the new rich options in Render As Email where any email field displayed as email can include a complete customized email template associated with it.