Functions in data tables

jc_hill

Question

Hi ...

I was wondering if there was a way in Caspio to have table columns of calculated data. Basically, I'd like to have some kind of function, similar to Excel, that could calculate the field based on other data in that or a separate table.

For example, we have a database of restaurant inspections. One table lists every inspection, another lists a summary of each restaurant. I would like to be able to calculate, say total violations, by using like a count function that would parse the first table and count all the violations for each restaurant.

Can this be done?

4 answers to this question

Hi ...

I was wondering if there was a way in Caspio to have table columns of calculated data. Basically, I'd like to have some kind of function, similar to Excel, that could calculate the field based on other data in that or a separate table.

For example, we have a database of restaurant inspections. One table lists every inspection, another lists a summary of each restaurant. I would like to be able to calculate, say total violations, by using like a count function that would parse the first table and count all the violations for each restaurant.

Can this be done?

Hello,

Unfortunately, the ability to do calculation in result page is not available in Caspio Bridge at this time. However, this is something we are considering in adding to future release of Caspio Bridge.