Yahoo! map loses functionality

kmorse

Question

I have successfully configured a Yahoo! map linked to a Caspio data table and placed it on a web page. However, when I did that, I had a large amount of white space at the top of the page. I placed a bit of Javascript on the page to move everything up so that it starts at the very top of the screen, but when I did that, the Yahoo! map lost its functionality. It no longer would zoom in or out and I could not drag the map around in the window. In essence, the map turned into a static picture. I've attached the Javascript I added to the page and the source code for the page.

Here is a link to the page. I think this is visible to the outside world. http://www.denverpost.com/ci_6396209

I'm fairly new to web programming, having been a Perl, Visual Basic (and other languages up til now), so this is probably a Newbie mistake.

It might also be a Yahoo! maps issue.

If anyone else has encountered this and found a solution, please let me know.

4 answers to this question

Thank you. That got rid of the white space while maintaning the functionality of the map. Is there a way to position it off to the left of the article? I tried this:

but the map stays put.

I apologize for the newbie questions. I'm an old newspaper publishing systems programmer bootstrapping my way into the 1990s right now.

If you could put that same code in front of where the article starts you could have the map above the article with the text then wrapping around the \"locate a donor\".

Adding the margin won't affect the position as it is contained within the \"locate a donor\" box.