Page Header for Results Table Datapage

Aloha24

Question

I have created a search and report datapage that can be searched utilizing different fields (i.e. A date field or an employee name field). The users would like the header for the results table datapage to more reflective of what they searched for (i.e. CASPIO DB Results for Employee Name, where employee name is the name of the field searched by).

3 answers to this question

You can put a header/footer on the results page and define any valid HTML codes in it and also you can pass parameters to it. So you can enable passing parameters in the wizard first screen and the in the screen where you configure results page fields you can add a header/footer section and type in any text in it like:

YOU HAVE SEARCHED FOR COUNTY [@field:CountyFieldName]

------------

Barbara

Thanks,

I can see how this works for one field, but what if you had several fields that could be searched by? Using the example that you used, what if you could search by County or by State. I think that I could put both statements in the header and if nothing is entered in the search for CountyFieldName nothing will show up in the first line.

You Have Searched by County [@field:CountyFieldName]

AND

You Have Searched by State [@field:StateFieldName]

Thanks

Chris

This does not work when a date range is entered in the search and edit datapage. For example if I use to criteria to search a date field and then try to use that date field in the header, the result is the first date in the results table.

Have any ideas?

Thanks