Required fields depending on selection

Jona

Question

Hello,

I have some Data pages where I need to make required some fields depending on a selection above.

For example:

have a radio button with a YES/NO question, if customer selects YES a some fields becomes Required.

Is there a way to do that?

I want to keep Caspio required fields format, so when they submit it displays the top message "

You did not enter valid information in one or more of the fields." and te required image next to that field.

Cheers!! :wink:

4 answers to this question

Hi,

This is not a standard feature of Caspio. It could be done with Java Script. If you use Java Script the fields are being controled from the client side however Caspio regular validation is being take place in the server side so you can not keep the Caspio validation feature if using Java Script.

Best,

Bahar M.

Hi @Jona,

Based on my understanding, what you want to achieve is doable using a standard feature of Caspio. You just need to add rules on your web form.

On your DataPage > Configure Fields > Rules, set your preferred criteria and action to be done.

image.png.780c2a073eb594fdf54a342f3c57fe99.png

For more information regarding this, you can refer to this link: https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/forms/conditional-forms/

Regards,

kristina

Hey there, just want to add some information about the desired workflow. Yes, using conditional forms will help you achieve this. If you wanted to have a group/multiple fields to be required when the user selects the radio button with Yes/No, you can  insert a section containing the appropriate fields and apply the Action to that section. Please be aware or be guided in this video tutorial that is great for starting this workflow. Here is the link: 

Hope this helps you out guys! :)