Multiple criteria on a view

Jona

Question

Hello,

I created a view and I would like to have two or more filter criteria for it.

e.g: there is a table with 2 columns:

RecordID and Status. RecordID is a autonumber type and Status could have the following values:

-Open

-Pending

-Closed

-Cancelled

How do I create a view so I get only RecordID's where Status is NOT equal to Closed NOR Cancelled.

Hope for the best.

Regards.

8 answers to this question

Hi,

You can make a Search/Report DataPage predefined criteria with Status in filtering fields and in the filtering fields configuration screen insert two criteria to the status field one set to "Not Equal" value "cancelled" and the pther criteria comparison type "No equal" value "Closed". Attached is a screenshot displaying wherr you can insert the criteria from.

Best,

Bahar M.

Thanks for the reply Bahar,

But that's not what I'm looking for.

I need to filter them from a view.

What I'm trying to do is to fill a dropdown item with values from a view.

There is no way to filter by to specific values in this case "Closed" and "Cancelled".

I need to pull values to a dropdown item from a table where the "status" field value is different to "Closed" and "Cancell"

Sorry for not being clear.

Thanks a lot.

Jona

Jona,

Forget the Boolean expression, here's the Caspio instructions for multiple criteria:

Multiple Criteria:

Normally one criterion per field is all you need; however, each field may have multiple criteria. For example a Price field may have two text boxes associated with it, one for minimum price and the other for maximum price.

To configure multiple criteria, select the field for which more than one criterion is needed, click the Insert button and select New Criteria. Two criteria appear below the field. Click on each criterion and configure it just like any other search field.

If you need three criteria or more, click the Insert button and select New Criteria once again.

/RA

Hi Jona.

Sorry for my misunderstanding. Caspio instructions for multiple criteria that Ruth referred to in the last post explains what I suggested in my first response however as I understand now you would like to have a View to fill a dropdown from. Unfortunately you can not define two criteria for one field in a View, however I have a workaround solution, you can make a copy of your table and join these two identical table in the View by setting their Unique Identifiers equal. Then add two criteria fields one from the first table Status field and the other one from the second table status field and set one to not equal Cancelled and the other one to not equal Closed.

This will do it!

Best,

Bahar M.