Display Value in a Relationship

JohnM

Question

Caspio has this feature, Display Value, nice when a joined table is being used as a lookup, with a key and a value. 

But how it works seems backwards.

If I pick something from the dropdown, then I, as the administrator, see the lookup value, instead of the key, in tables.

If I check “Use display value on DataPages,” then my users see the lookup value in DataPages.

But often I, as the administrator, want to see the key while my users see the lookup value.

Am I correct that Caspio cannot display the lookup value on users DataPages unless it does the same on Datasheets? 

Thanks,

image.png.b968f07578fe19809fe8da5851538876.png

3 answers to this question

Hello @JohnM,

As far as I know the behavior you described is correct.

There are 2 possible scenarios:

1)  The value to display is selected in the dropdown but the checkbox is not checked:

06RjpBS.png

In this case the dropdown appears in the child table but on the DataPage the real value is displayed.

Ud5kPdC.png

2) The value to display is selected in the dropdown and the checkbox is checked:

PZWs1gO.png

In this case the dropdown appears in the child table and on the DataPage the real value is replaced by the selected 'Display value'.