Tracking User Actions

curtistimsah

Question

Is there a way (using parameters maybe) to track when a SPECIFIC user clicks specific fields or actions?

Example...

A leads database where my users (authenticated) click "details" and then check a box "yes" called "made contact". Then, I can run a report to see which users tagged how many.

Thanks, Curtis

3 answers to this question

Hi Curtis,

When user login and update a record, you can stamp the record with the username.

Set this up in the DataPage configure details page fields screen by setting the username to a hidden field and choose username from the authentication field dropdown.

This way when ever the details page updates, username will be stamped with the record.

Best,

Bahar M.

Bahar, thanks for reply but I do not understand the "and choose username from the authentication field dropdown" part. Can you elaborate?

What Screen would this be on?

Also, are you aware of a way to show the user the leads they checked "yes" on so that it is user specific assuming that 10 users are sharing all the same leads? I can make it stamp a Green "yes" now, but then all users see the "yes" from other users. =( I know I can get custom programming and do this...just looking for a work around.

Thanks,

Hi Curtis,

When user login and update a record, you can stamp the record with the username.

Set this up in the DataPage configure details page fields screen by setting the username to a hidden field and choose username from the authentication field dropdown.

This way when ever the details page updates, username will be stamped with the record.

Best,

Bahar M.

Hi,

I have attached the screenshot of where you can set the agent id being attached with the record when the record is updated. But, when another agent access same lead (same table record) and check made contact checkbox then the record is updated by his name, so this does not seem to work for your purpose as the leads are being shared between agents and the only work around solution for this case will be custom programming. We have already received your consultation request and will provide you with a quote.

Best,

Bahar M.