Reset Parameters using standard 'Search Again' link

kpcollier

Question

I've got a Search and Report datapage embedded on my web page. The search form has an autosubmit function, where if a parameter ([@DateF]) is present, it will 'autosearch'. If there is no parameter, it acts as a normal search form. 

I am trying to find a way to reset the parameters using the standard link to search form. The 'Search Again' button that Caspio provides. I'm trying to use this one because my webpage is separated out by Roles, and multiple Roles use this same page. The URL for these roles are different, so I cannot just put a static href anchor tag. Hence why I am trying to use the standard feature, because this goes straight back to the search form in the same instance. 

We've tried using this, where 'cbSearchAgain' acts as cbResetParam for search buttons (info from support), but my autosubmit function can still find the parameter after trying this out. In turn, I can never get to the search form.

document.addEventListener('DataPageReady', function (event) {

var searches = document.querySelectorAll("a[data-cb-name='SearchAgainButton']");

searches.forEach(function(search){
search.href = search.href.replace('cbSearchAgain=true', 'cbSearchAgain=false');
})
});

Any ideas?

1 answer to this question

Great find on the cbSearchAgain parameter but I think it only works if the search values are manually typed. For parameters, since it is stored in browser's cache, wouldn't adding cbResetParam=1 work? I guess just add it to the replace function in your script like?: 

document.addEventListener('DataPageReady', function (event) {

var searches = document.querySelectorAll("a[data-cb-name='SearchAgainButton']");

searches.forEach(function(search){
search.href = search.href.replace('cbSearchAgain=true', 'cbSearchAgain=false&cbResetParam=1');
})
});