Request for Assistance: Updating App Parameter via JavaScript on Dropdown Selection Change

Dear Caspio Community,

I am reaching out to seek your guidance and expertise in solving a challenge I am facing with updating an App Parameter in Caspio using JavaScript when the value of a dropdown selection changes.
I have been working on an application where I need to update an App Parameter dynamically based on the selected value from a dropdown.

To provide more context, within my application:

• I intend to create a data page with a dropdown field that allows the user to select a Company to work with. What type of data page should be created?
  • The goal is to update an App Parameter "SelectedCustomerID" whenever the user changes the selected value in the dropdown. Need assistance for code to do this via JavaScript
  • The App Parameter plays a vital role in filtering data for the various processing and search screens such as invoices, petty cash, etc. within my application. Once the dropdown is changed, can JavaScript be used to refresh the entire parent's page?
  • It is crucial to ensure that the App Parameter is updated in real-time as the dropdown selection changes.

If any of you have experience or expertise in achieving this functionality using JavaScript in Caspio, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. I am looking for guidance on the best approach and any code examples that can help me understand and implement this feature effectively.

Your support and expertise would be invaluable to overcome this challenge. I am grateful for any advice, suggestions, or sample code snippets you can provide.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I am eagerly looking forward to hearing from the knowledgeable members of the Caspio Community and benefiting from your valuable insights.

Companydropdown.jpg