No records found when passing data

gsagent179

Question

Complete noobie to caspio and have searched and appreciate all help.

I am trying to build a details page that is pulling a primary key value form a search results page. I have the HTML block entered with the querey string and per the string it is passing the user_ID but the details page is not receiving it. It always displays no records found.

Thoughts?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Hi,

First I'd like to remind you that there is a default details page which you can use in a Report DataPage. After editing the results page, you will see a screen asks 'do you need a details page for each record?' where you can select 'yes' to enable the default details page.

You still can create your own custom details page or any other custom links if it's needed, for example, a details page based on a different table or view. First step is to insert an HTML block on the results page, paste the code to create the custom link, and pass the user_ID out using a query string (http://howto.caspio.com/parameters/pass ... tring.html). And second step is to receive the parameter on the next Datapage (http://howto.caspio.com/parameters/rece ... eters.html). Check out the two steps and also make sure to use the same parameter name on the two Datapages.

Hope this helps.