Render HTML from data table in HTML blocks and/or headers

mdupras

Question

I have HTML code in the field data in a table that I'm trying to get to render as HTML when displayed in the header or HTML blocks but it will only render as regular type. The information is links, so it's different for different records -- I don't see a way to easily do it dynamically. It needs to display just once in the header, so I don't want to pull it in the results as a normal field, where I can manually select it to render as HTML. Is this possible?

Thanks!

-- Mike

2 answers to this question

We have a similar requirement. Only in addition to some URL's that are present on some items, not on others...We have a bunch of data that's been compiled over the years as the 'long description' on our items.

The challenge is that some of the data was formatted by one person one way (with bold text one time, not another), then differently by another.

In the example below, we have very basic html tags being used to give some line breaks so the text doesn't display as a wall of text and the link(s) will function...not display as you see below in this example.

<p>Used in wet sanding, finest grade available for rough featheredging.

3M UPC # - 00051144020065
3M Internal # - 60070007061
[*]<a href=http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediawebserver.dyn?bbbbbbL37nqbwFcbPFcbbb1IKneBBBB0->Enlarge Image</a>

[b]3M(TM) Wetordry(TM) Tri-M-ite(TM) Sheet, 02006, 9 in x 11 in, 240A, 50 sheets per sleeve, 5 sleeves per case[/b]
</p>

Instead, it should look like this, when the HTML tags are properly displayed by the browser:

Used in wet sanding, finest grade available for rough featheredging.

3M UPC # - 00051144020065

3M Internal # - 60070007061

Enlarge Image

3M Wetordry Tri-M-ite Sheet, 02006, 9 in x 11 in, 240A, 50 sheets per sleeve, 5 sleeves per case