Account Group/User permissions - what constitutes READ permission?

roattw

Question

I am giving access to my Caspio account to someone to look under the hood a little.  Under their account in Caspio I set their account level for an app to Read only.  But when they login they can edit data in tables.  I take it Read does not mean Read Only?  Is there a way to have them look at tables and datapages but not be able to change the data?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Hi, @roattw. Is the user under a custom group? By default, all users are under the "Everyone". You must also set the "Ready app" to the "Everyone" group: https://howto.caspio.com/managing-your-account/internal-users-groups-and-api-profiles/managing-permissions/#:~:text=users in the-,Everyone,-group have partial 

Or use the "Everyone" permission for this user instead of a custom group.

-Potato

Thanks for the reply!   They are part of Everyone.  And I set that users permission for that App to just Read, but that lets them edit/add/change data.

caspio_perm.jpg.22bd87d4730a5713b1bcc89fab36035e.jpg

So I edited that users overall permissions for All Tables, nothing checked, but it still lets them edit table data.

caspio_perm4.jpg.57235a9dc390f635cedf0d3059d2c535.jpg

Interestingly, if I go to All Data Pages for that user and app, and remove Full Control and hit Apply > Ok if I go back to that same setting they are all checked again.

caspio_perm3.thumb.jpg.037297f0053b63c83d478c42ec170e6c.jpg